CAUSES OF STAMMERING
Partha Bagchi has spoken about stammering, the definition of stammering, the symptoms of stammering, etc. in his previous blog. In this blog, Partha Bagchi reveals the reasons why stammering occurs or the causes of stammering. This blog titled ‘Causes of Stammering’, helps you relate and find out which among the following listed cause of stammering matches with the cause of your stammering. I am sure you will find the actual cause of your stammering through this blog.
Stammering develops mostly from the early age of a person. It is an acquired behaviour not inherited. It is usually caused by multiple factors and their interactions.
Some of the causes that lead to the development of stammering are :
- Childish imitation of other stammerers either in the family or outside.
- An after effect of certain serious illness.
- Feeling of insecurity in the early age.
- Strict, rude & rough guardianship.
- Sudden physical or mental shock.
- Shy or introvert nature from childhood.
- Very fast speaking habit.
- Parental fights and misunderstandings.
- Disturbances and quarrel in the family.
- Fast thought process.
- Lack of co-ordination between thinking & speaking.
- Stiff competition in all spheres of life.
- If one is bilingual or multilingual, confusion may occur to the child while speaking.
- Side effects of strong medicinal action.
- Subjected to tremendous fear and tension from childhood.
- If the child is left alone for some time without parents or familiar people.
- When a second child is born in the family.
- Seeing horrifying scenes in real life or in movies.
- If the child is weak or sickly.
- When pressurised by parents to achieve difficult and high targets.
- When forcibly changed from left handed behaviour to right-handed.
- The child tries to attract attention and stammers when neglected.
- If the teacher is strict and always punishes and terrorizes the child.
- Humiliation in front of friends and class mates.
- If one is frightened of every little thing.
- Hurting one’s head due to some accident, specially the back side of the head and
- If parents and family members all talk very fast, the child is unable to compete with their speed and thus faulters.
Whatever may be the reason for developing stammering, it occurs due to excitement tension fear nervousness hesitation anticipation of blocking and lack of confidence & courage to speak.
I am sure this blog by Partha Bagchi, ‘Causes of Stammering’ has helped you find the real cause of your stammering. Irrespective of the cause and intensity of stammering, I can cure your stammering in my centre Stammering Cure Centre, Bangalore.